Sunday, February 15, 2015

Fitness - Day 3: I'll Scout Ahead!

Morning weight: 268.0 lbs
Total loss: -0.2 lbs

First steps as a Scout in Nerd Fitness Academy.






One of the exercise paths I picked was the Scout.  This is about running, biking, and swimming, but even earlier than that for me comes walking. Walk before you run and all that.

The first on-foot Scout quests in the Nerd Fitness Academy are to run for five minutes without stopping and to run a mile, but there are general quests I want to work towards first:

1) "Walk a 10k. (6.2 miles)"
2) "Go for a jog - any distance!"

For now, I'm just going to build up my mental and physical endurance by getting out occasionally, 1-2 times per week, and getting used to walking.  Today challenged me on that front.   It was cold (2F degrees with about -10 windchill), and I wasn't used to walking.

But screw that.  I'm a Minnesotan now.  So I bundled up and went for a walk, just in a square around the neighborhood.

1.37 miles, 24:45 minutes.

Good start on the scout's path.

---

Some level 2 eating today:


  • Breakfast: Two egg omelet with cheese, Spam slice.  Olive oil to grease pan.  ~560 calories
  • Dinner: Roasted chicken cutlets with salt, pepper, onion powder (370 cal).  Mashed potatoes (360 cal).  Half cup of mint chocolate chip ice cream (150 cal).  Cup of mint tea. ~880 calories