Monday, June 22, 2020

FFVIIR – Part 1: Re-Mako [Semi-Blind]

Summary: Starting a new (?) game! Back to Midgar. I ALREADY LOVE EVERYONE, especially Jessie and Wedge.

---

Introduction

-Welcome to the start of my new let’s play series for Final Fantasy VII: Remake! I’ll be playing around with the format a bit, so here’s a bit of an intro.

Please do not spoil! This includes expectation spoilers, like “boy, you’ll hate the next session,” or “the next part is hilarious.” It is TOTALLY fine though to reference anything from the original FFVII game.

As far as mechanics: I may ask for help or clarification at some point, but let me explore and discover stuff on my own. I don’t need to know about super combinations or whatever. However, if the game tells me a mechanic, clearly expects me to understand it, and I’m just flat out not getting their explanation, feel free to clarify!

When in doubt, use rot13. Thank you for your kind accommodations of my requests!


-This will be a mostly recorded series. I’ve dabbled in this type of playthrough with Sekiro (completed) and Dragon Age: Inquisition (in-progress), but still have a lot to learn.

-I’ve played Final Fantasy VII, but I haven’t seen anything from the remake beyond the initial announcement trailer. I’ve also heard that it dives more into some smaller characters, that Jessie is apparently thirsty, and that it’s generally good.

What’s the term? Doesn’t feel right to call it “blind.” Maybe “semi-blind.”

-My plan at the outset is to play about 45 minutes per session, then edit down. I use PS4’s internal recording function and the edit in ShareFactory.

-I want to edit out stuff I’d normally skip when I watch a LP, like repeated encounters where nothing new/cool happens, or backtracking when I’m lost with nothing interesting happening. But I’ll play it by ear. I’m open to suggestions

-Especially early on, please let me know any sound issues! If I’m too loud, if the game’s too loud, if weird noises (like a fan or heavy breathing) come through, and I’ll do my best to adjust.

-With all that said… let’s go!