Wednesday, November 18, 2020

[Coldrun Fitness] Level 1: Timing

TW: food, exercise

I'm writing this a few days after my character creation post. My last few days were stressful and overwhelming, and I wasn't in a great position to make even small changes. 

These days I logged here felt good. Some minor eating habit changes and a first walk again.

 


 
------------------------

Monday 

Stop Grazing

I have a tendency to just eat throughout the day, specifically snacking on junky garbage. Even today I've been eating chips and some cookies.

Going to try something small: don't eat from now (2:30pm) until 6pm. I ordered in Indian food (palak paneer, spinach and cheese, with mango lassi) to arrive then, so it's something to look forward to.

Later... 

It worked! That was helpful.

---

Tuesday 

Going to try building on that. I'll set some afternoon food timing and try ensuring I just focus on things other than eating in between:

11:30am: Lunch (Chipotle)
2:00pm: Snack (bottled frappuccino)
4:00pm: Snack (some lunch leftovers)
7:15pm: Dinner (mac and cheese, some ice cream)


Later...
This was a challenge. Not too tough. A good level one-type challenge.

---

Wednesday 

I'll try continuing the relatively set eating times. That'll likely be a habit to build over the coming months with some backsliding as I go, but I'll keep working at it!

What I want to focus on today is starting exercise. The biggest hurdle for me has been waiting until I feel energized and not frazzled and not stressed and blah blah blah. The problem is that there's NEVER a good time. 

I can't wait for a particular feeling to arise. Those are out of my control. Instead, today I'm going to try going for a 30 minute walk at 12:30pm. At the time, I'll sit and think about how I'm feeling, what emotions are driving me, and then walk regardless.

9:00am: Cinnamon Toast Crunch with skim milk. Orange juice.
11:30am: Half a mock duck curry sandwich (banh mi). Fries with chipotle mayo. A cookie.
6:00pm: Other half of my mock duck curry sandwich with a bowl of soup. 
 
(Wasn't hungry enough for planned snacks, despite my midday walk and an afternoon nap.)
 
Later... 
Successful 40 minute walk! I was feeling pretty good, energized going into it. Even so, I feel confident that if I felt sluggish I still would've exercised. Hardest part was getting out the door.

I play Pokemon Go too, which helps pass the time as I walk.