Thursday, March 23, 2017

FFXI - A Note on Changing Pace

A general heads-up on the pace of this series: things will probably slow down a bit.





The game is a blast.  No complaints there.  But it is grindy, and takes waaaay more time to work through a session's worth of story than anything I've played previously in the FF series.  Leveling slows down significantly past 60 (through the max of 99), and that's just thinking of my main dragoon job for now.  It took a while to level my red mage subjob up, and I expect to tinker around with other jobs too, which will take time.

I'm currently blocked in every story quest until I give myself more tools.  The biggest tool is leveling up my main job, dragoon, to the 80s/90s.  But I'm also considering leveling up a bunch of subjobs to give myself extra tools.  White mage and black mage for now interest me most, but later as I progress through more storylines I also may want to try dancer, geomancer, blue mage, bard...

And that's just if I keep dragoon as my main job.  It's definitely possible that I decide to try building another into my main job alongside dragoon!

So yeah, posts will slow down a bit (still aiming for 3-4 a week), but I just wanted to let y'all know the reason why.  And that reason has nothing to do with a loss of interest.  :D

(Tbh I'm a bit scared to look at my current played time for FFXI.)