Monday, January 18, 2021

[Coldrun Fitness] Level 13: Quest Rewards

Medium-long term goals and short-term rewards.

tw: weight, food

 


I have a long-term goal. By some point in the first half of 2022, I want to be someone who weighs about 200 pounds, fences actively, takes pride in my appearance and style, and cooks most of my meals.

I want to do the following 2x/week through the end of February to start building better habits towards this long-term goal. I'll also set minor rewards along the way, for when I successfully complete two weeks:

  1. Eat/Prepare all my food at home. No delivery, take-out, etc. (2wk reward: new piece of cookware.)
  2. Drink a Camelbak of water. (2wk reward: a tap filter.)
  3. Exercise for 20+ minutes, at least a walk. (2wk reward: croakies for my glasses.)
  4. Space out my eating well, with 3+ hours after a meal and 2+ hours after a snack without eating. (2wk reward: nice tea.)
  5. Care for my appearance in the morning, even working at home. (2wk reward: upgraded winter hat. My current one is getting years old and raggedy.)

Not tracking all of these here every day. That way lies exhaustion. But it's something I'm gradually working on in the near future.

Tuesday

  • 9am: English muffin with cream cheese. Small fruit juice.
  • noon: fish and rice Poke bowl. Strawberry ramune. Bottled frappuccino.
  • 3:30pm: Bagel with cream cheese.
  • 6:30pm: Fried chicken (leg and wing), two biscuits, mashed potatoes with gravy.

---

Wednesday

  • Bagel with cream cheese. 
  • Chipotle burrito bowl with white rice, steak, mild salsa, cheese, guacamole, corn.
  • Bottled mocha frappuccino.
  • Chicken tenders with honey mustard sauce, mashed potatoes with gravy, garlic bread, mixed fruit chunks.
  • Chocolate milk.

---

Thursday

  • Bagel with cream cheese.
  • Chipotle burrito bowl with white rice, steak, mild salsa, cheese, guacamole, corn.
  • Bottled frappuccino.
  • Fried chicken sandwich, biscuit, mashed potatoes with gravy.
  • Bagel with butter.