Thursday, April 8, 2021

FF Type-0 - Part 15: Chocobo Lover [Unspoiled]

Summary: Eggs hatch. Rubicus lore on Akademia and the lower cards in Class Zero's deck.


---



Five Thoughts/Questions

1) I'm still surprised by how many levels the Secret Training can give. There's a hard cap on experience earned after 24 hours, right?

2) I have the same issues with the Rubicus here as I did with FFXV (iirc). Feels at times like a substitute for not showing me the character building in game well enough.

3) Or maybe that's harsh. When you start from Type-0's premise of SO MANY MAIN CHARACTERS all available to you at once, leaning on the Rubicus is more understandable.

4) That sort of thing is a challenge for me as a player, too. I keep trying to think of Ace or Machina as protags, but I get the sense that they're really not.

5) I'll likely keep plowing through the Rubicus still. I don't like there being stuff the game expects me to have read that I haven't read and don't have context for.