Friday, April 30, 2021

FF Type-0 - Part 24: The Dark Crystal [Unspoiled]

Summary: Return to Akademia and the arena to test newly-promoted abilities.

(Btw: especially in these arena sessions, let me know if you have a different thought or take on these abilities, especially if I'm misusing or underestimating something!)


---



Five Thoughts/Questions

1) Very surprised to hear that Lorica didn't generally use magic. I suppose that's why Atra is so heavily-armored. They must make up for lack of magic with raw physical ability.

2) How much do you use defensive abilities other than cure/prot? I have a hard time imagining using Block or (to a lesser extent) Wall.

3) Explosive Fist cracks me up. Eight is just so dang chill regardless of gunfire or other attacks he receives as he cracks his neck and gets ready to deliver his super punch.

4) I do find myself gravitating towards easier-to-use abilities, even at the expense of power. The lower the skill cap, the better.

5) Maybe it gets better with more power-ups, but Mana Sphere seems to... well, suck. I doubt I'll use it over magic.