Friday, June 26, 2015

FFV Four Job Fiesta! - Wind, Water, Fire

Got rolling on the fiesta.  I've made it up through Castle Karnak, and am only posting now because this was my first real challenge: the Living Flame boss of Karnak.  (I'm playing this on my iPhone, so no screenshots - unless y'all know of a way to take screenshots on an iPhone?)

GilgaBot gave me some strong jobs so far in my natural run, but a dearth of healing.

Wind (Bartz): Knight
Water (Lenna): Mystic Knight
Fire (Faris): Geomancer
Earth (Galuf): Not yet there.  He's still freelancing.

This is only my second playthrough of FFV, so I am far from knowing all the tricks and gimmicks to make this an easy run.  I've mostly stuck to getting to a new town, grinding up until I can buy all the magic and armor and weapons I need from the town, and then continuing through the story.

First part of the game has been smooth sailing (no pun intended, Faris) so far.  The Siren was a bit tricky, but not TOO bad.  The forests around Karnak with packs of wolves were nice for gil grinding.  Potion healing is... not great, and the controls on iPhone are not great either, but passable.

Living Flame nearly killed me because I wasn't keeping everyone topped up with potions, but eventually ran her out of mana and won in a battle of attrition.  Escaped the castle, tweeted at Gilgabot, and got my next job.