Sunday, June 28, 2015

FFVII Crisis Core – Part 21: Flower Girl

Summary: Aerith and Cactuars and everything’s awesome.


Church in the Slums

-Zack’s unconscious. Dreams of a voice that seems like his mom’s, seeing white feathers.



Worried about helping his friend, Angeal. The dream voice melds with a real voice waking him up.

-AND HOLY JKLSFHDJKLSHFDJKLSFHJKLSFH



IT’S AERIS

-She found him collapsed and took him to (or found him at) the church in the slums. LOOK AT HER. THERE. AND SO NOT DEAD

-AND THEY’RE ADORABLE

-Sorry, Cloud. I like you and all. Your whole trippy backstory was cool. But I can already see how Aerith (and this game calls her Aerith, so I’ll follow suit) and the puppy Zack get along famously.

-AND HE TEACHES ASKS TO TAKE HER ON A DATE TO REPAY FOR HER HELPING HIM AND SHE DOESN’T KNOW WHAT HE’S BLATHERING ABOUT AND THIS IS WHERE SHE GOT THE IDEA WITH CLOUD

-Sorry for the capslock but this is awesome.

-Conversation turns to the flowers. Zack: “If I were you, I’d sell them.”


A solid business plan.

Dead. I’m dead.

-She’s now on my DMW.

-The music is great and the church is great and Aeris is great and Zack is great.

-Kind of want to settle here for a while.



Mission time.

---

Mission: Genesis’s Forces > Genesis’s Forces on the March > Eliminate the Copies (3/6)

-Only missing one face from my primary 6-face lineup on the DMW. I’m guessing it’s Cloud. Although for all I know, I already met him as one of the random lower-class SOLDIER folk at the Shinra Building.

-Desert mission. Killing some Genesis copies.

-WTF THIS SESSION GETS EVEN BETTTTTTER



LOOK AT WHO I SEE

-I kill the Kactuar in a few hits, and have a feeling I may get some Tonberry-style missions after this.

---

Mission: Mysteries of the World > Cactoid Secrets > Where’s the Cactuar? (1/3)

-I’ll come back to the “Genesis’s Forces” campaign soon, but have to pursue these Cactuar missions. It’s the law.

-The cactuar in question is a former pet that ran away from a Shinra executive. Zack has to hunt it down. This is kind of awful, but I feel like it’s intentional. Zack again is not a hero saving the world just yet. He’s basically a powerful corporation’s goon. A well-trained and super-powered goon, and a goon who does some good and has a conscience, but a goon nonetheless.

-Large map. I see the boss Cactuar early, but want to explore the rest in hopes of treasure.

-Not much reward. Just lots of floating eyeballs and some potions.

-The final cactuar (still a little guy, not the big mustachioed lord of the cactuars from FFVI) goes down in a couple of hits.

---

Mission: Mysteries of the World > Cactoid Secrets > Kactuar? (2/3)

-That last cactuar wasn’t the executives. Apparently, Captain Ahab needs to kill the exact Kactuar pet that escaped him. That’s pretty fucked up.

-Cactuars have started appearing as random enemies. Still no real action from them – they just sit bouncing around in combat until I kill them. They do have high defense, and it’s hard to get any real damage on them, but low HP.

-I got a Cursed Ring from a chest. It’s effect is “this ring curses the wearer.” Why in the everloving fuck would I ever put this on? Back in Dragon Warrior on NES, there were a couple of cursed items that slowly killed your character iirc, and I’m not making that mistake again.

-Final boss here is a pack of three cactuars. I love the attack sound they make. It’s like a cartoon pogo spring.

---

Mission: Mysteries of the World > Cactoid Secrets > Cactuar Found? (3/3)

-NOW Shinra’s tracked down the real Cactuar.



Whatever. Like with the Tonberry quests, I feel like this is a bit of a wasted opportunity.

-Found an anti-Death Safety Bit.

-I see the boss up ahead. To my disappointment, it’s not a giant cactuar. Just another little one.



Not even a mustache. Ah well. I hit it a bunch of times and it dies. I have an anti-Stun item up so maybe it kept trying to stun me, but just wasn’t a threat.

We’ll always have FFVI, Giant Cactuar!

---

Next time: Continuing the fight against Genesis’s forces via missions.