Wednesday, September 1, 2021

FF Type-0 - Part 70: Chapel of Destruction [Unspoiled]

Summary: Proceeding to the next floor of Cid's Trials, including my least favorite "magic only" room. Gilgamesh gets his revenge as I get salty. 


---



Five Thoughts/Questions

1) First off, I SINCERELY apologize for that salt in the last room, against Gilgamesh. I don't mind tougher games, but I have to go in with the appropriate mindset. I was not expecting this, and my mindset was not ready. Instead of being patient and hunting for strategy, I was just brute forcing things. I'll do better next time.

2) What a tremendously cool set piece, to fight him amidst the ruins of Lorica! There have gotta be some time travel shenanigans in play here. Especially given that I saw the Militesi airship bombing the place, likely in the aftermath of dropping the Ultima bomb.

3) I apologize at least a little bit less for my salt in the magic-only room. I should have been ready for anything, but even so, I didn't like it. Was just not ready for it. I'd relied on magic so little previously that I was just constantly terrified here I'd run out of ether.

4) Also, while I appreciated the game allowing my party members in that room to use physical attacks, it really just confused me at the time. Felt tremendously inconsistent, like I was doing something wrong myself. Perhaps it was just an accommodation for not knowing how to adapt the AI to the trial's constraints.

5) One last note on the difficulty spike at the end there: I'll still request no spoilers or tips for the moment. I don't feel I gave it "the old college try" this time. I want one more shot at it with a clear head - especially knowing I have invincibility - before I seek tips.