Wednesday, September 15, 2021

FF Type-0 - Part 73: Home Videos [Unspoiled]

Summary: Going through the Rubicus for videos I missed the first time around. Special confusion and shock around "Chapter of Truth" and "Rise from the Ashes."

Tech note: more audio issues. No idea why. I'm messing with the gain filter more went too high, peaking the mic this time often. Will try again next time.
 

 

---
 


 Six Thoughts/Questions

1) The videos I watched this time that I didn't think I'd previously seen: A New Beacon of Hope, Trust in Lord Zhuyu, Excavating the Black Tortoise Crystal, More of Ace's Fleeting Memories, Chapter of Truth, and Rise from the Ashes. Are there any other videos that should be unlocked that I probably HADN'T seen before? My memory is awful.

I also watched Calamity of the Crystals Rallying the New Militesi Order. I'm pretty sure I've seen them before, but their meaning hit me differently now than it did the first time.

2) Was that Nimbus at 1:35, watching Cid stab himself?

3) TIZ? LEAN JOKER? WHO TF ARE THESE PEOPLE?? (Don't answer this lol.) Tiz called them "the ones who were in our place," so my guess at the moment is that in a previous cycle of Orience's spiral, they were two l'Cie doing whatever role Machina and Rem played this time.

4) However I'm supposed to interpret all the bizarre sights in front of me, the smiles on Rem's and Machina's faces around 8:15 make me happy. Maybe the first time I've seen that look of peace from those two all game.

5) I especially want to focus on Rise from the Ashes. Wtffffff??? Was that Ace getting resurrected as a l'Cie in the most badass gear I've ever seen in my LIFE???

6) I was surprised to recognize some of the voice actors I know from the Danganronpa series, like Todd Haberkorn and Johnny Yong Bosch.