Thursday, October 14, 2021

FF Type-0 - Part 78: Quick Draw McGraw [Unspoiled]

Summary: Finally - FINALLY - I find success with finishing magic. Progressing through the next chapter 3 mission.


---



Five Thoughts/Questions

1) What a session. What a relief! Something about all my past failures and how I read the Wiki this time and all your past advice and EVERYTHING just came together, and now I finally understand the gist of quick draw/finishing magic/whatever.

Thanks, FF wiki! https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Quick_Draw_(...

2) ....IS THIS WHAT A COMBO BREAKER IS??? I'd heard the term in joking memes about "c-c-c-c-c-c-combo breaker," but is this what it is? A fighting game thing that gives you a special move by breaking one of your combos?

3) I've been practicing with some of my least-played characters. Seven? Love that spiral whip move. Eight? Easy to exploit killsights and powerful in close range. Sice? That scythe combo is nice. Glad I'm expanding my reach.

4) BUT CINQUE. HALP. What do I do to make Cinque good?? Or is she only good in the really specific situation where a super slow enemy gives you all the time in the world to charge up a big whomping attack?

5) At the end of the "Infiltration in Iscah" mission, there was a red SO to find "the weakness" in the final colossus boss. I hit it in both a breaksight and a killsight, but the SO didn't complete still. What did this SO want?

[later edit] OH WAIT, did it want me to use lightning magic, since mechs are weak against lightning? That's probably it.