Tuesday, December 1, 2020

[Coldrun Fitness] Level 5: Put It All Together and What Do You Get?

Over the past four levels, I've been working on four fundamental areas. This level, I'm trying a one day challenge of focusing on all of them.
 

 
 
Those four areas:
  • food spacing
  • exercise
  • cooking
  • cleaning
Back in my first MMO, EverQuest, there were something called "hell levels." Every so often, one level would take 4 times as much experience to get through as the others. They SUCKED, but I do like the idea of levels that feel different somehow.

So I'm going to try this level as just a one day mini-challenge. One day where I track all things I've been spacing out over the past four levels. Let's go!

Food spacing 
  • 9:30am: Steamed white rice with an egg (sunny side up) and soy sauce.
  • 12:45pm: Mock duck curry wrap, fries with chipotle mayo.
  • 5pm: Half bottled mocha frappuccino.
  • 8pm: White rice with tilapia filets. Cup of vanilla ice cream with chocolate syrup.

Exercise: 30 minute Pokemon Go walk in the afternoon along the Mississippi River.


Cooking 
  • Breakfast: Egg and steamed rice
    • Steam a half cup of dry rice in the rice cooker. I salt at the end, but idk if it's better to salt before I turn it on.
    • When the rice is almost done, fry a single egg on low-medium heat. As it cooks, add some salt, pepper, and dried parsley.
    • Once both are done, combine, in a bowl and add soy sauce.



  • Dinner: Lemon pepper tilapia
    • Pre-heat oven to 350.
    • Steam half cup of dry rice in the rice cooker. Add some salt and a bit of lemon pepper seasoning at the end.
    • Brush tilapia with olive oil on both sides, and coat each side with salt and lemon pepper seasoning mix.
    • Bake for about 12 minutes.

This was especially fantastic. The lemon flavor went really well with the fish, and I didn't overcook it. 

 
Cleaning: Made an effort to clean as I went. Shortly after both breakfast and dinner, washed my dishes and cookware.