Tuesday, December 15, 2020

[Coldrun Fitness] Level 8: Offseason - Exercise

Trying some early exercises.


 

There are a few goals I have in exercising: build strength, stamina, and flexibility. But it's so early. I'm so out of shape. So let's find a couple of interesting things to get me moving in different ways and don't be shy about varying it up.

---

Sunday

Took a 40 minute Pokemon Go walk through a light snowy day. It's a good idea and it's fun, but the Pokemon Go option is waning. It's freezing outside, and my phone shut down near the end until I warmed it back up. 

 


Next time, hopefully a shorter Go session with some music will let the phone survive the Minnesota winter outdoor sessions.

--- 

 

Monday

Rested, intentionally. I know a 40 minute walk doesn't physically knock me out, but I don't intend to work out more than every other day. 

---

 

Tuesday

Tried a short but higher-intensity workout today. Did three sets of:

  • 60 rope skips
  • varied. First time, I tried planking, but this was not great on concrete (outside). Second and third time, I tried 5-10 incline push-ups. These felt good.

This felt great! Exhausting, not too