Saturday, December 12, 2020

[Coldrun Fitness] Level 7: Offseason - Dinner

Trying out some dinners at home, including my first successful baked potato.



Also, I'm not playing WoW enough to justify a subscription, so I'm switching my character for this project. I'll be playing on my main Final Fantasy XIV character, Ququshu Qushu, and playing a job I haven't touched before (pugilist/monk). Currently at level 7.


Last level, I started thinking about the early stages of getting back into a healthy routine in the context of preparing to eventually fence again. Snacks last time, home-cooked dinners this time.

Core Pattern: Protein + Carb + Veggies

That's a ridiculously wide range. And that's good for now! It allows room for creativity and flexibility, for just using whatever I have and whatever piques my interest at such an early stage when I don't really know what I'll click with.

----

Tuesday

For lunch, going with the chicken breast recipe from level 2, microwaved broccoli, and instant turkey stuffing leftover from Thanksgiving.

It's pretty quick, but not as quick as it can be for it to develop into a sustainable habit. I made it as a single meal. One chicken breast in the oven, one serving of stuffing. Going forward, I should try making 2-3 servings at once (probably not more) and using leftovers.

---

Friday

"But what about Wednesday and Thursday?" I fucked them and gave up on trying. ON WE GO! :D

For dinner, shrimp, pasta, and broccoli. The broccoli was microwaved, but the shrimp was surprisingly easy to add. I had some frozen pre-cleaned shrimp. All I had to do was add them into the boiling pasta water with 5 minutes left before the pasta was done.

--

Saturday
 
For dinner tonight, I made tilapia on the stovetop (4 minutes each side, medium heat, in vegetable oil), baked potato (1 hr 15 minutes at 400 degrees), and had some chopped bell pepper.
 

 
It was awesome! The tilapia I could take or leave. I might have overcooked it and I liked it better when baked, or next time I can try lower heat. The baked potato was fantastic though. The long cook time made the outside crisp and the inside soft af.