Sunday, February 7, 2021

[Coldrun Fitness] Level 18: Quantity Over Quality

Working on daily food quantity.

tw: calories, food

 

I haven't really gotten fitter or lost any weight these past 17 levels. And that's okay. I came into this project with almost no foundational skills. So far, I've practiced:

  • early cooking habits across breakfast, lunch, and dinner
  • early attempts at movement, both strength and cardio
  • cleaned up my home significantly and feel less cluttered

The image I keep with me is of a plane trying to land a long distance vertically. It can't just drop in a straight path. It has to circle around and around, gradually nearing its goal even as it repeats some similar movements.

The next few levels, I'm going to start pushing for more tangible progress. This level, 2,700 cal max across breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks.

 

Friday

  • Breakfast: Apple cinnamon oatmeal (320) with two teaspoons of butter (70). (tot: 390)
  • Lunch: Fries with chipotle mayo, pork/pate banh mi. (I may be overestimating, but it was a big sandwich and I'm just guessing. Maybe 1,200?)
  • Snack: Slice of toast (60) with butter (70). (tot: 120)
  • Dinner: Bean, cheese, guacamole, tomato, rice bowl. (800)
  • Total: 2,510

Saturday

  • Breakfast: skipped
  • Lunch: Bean, cheese, guacamole, tomato, rice bowl (920). Bottled frappuccino (200). (tot: 1,120)
  • Snacks: Crackers (320), cheddar (110) two egg (160) omelet. (tot: 430)
  • Dinner: Poke bowl with fish and rice (750). 
  • Total: 2,460

Sunday

  • Breakfast: skipped
  • Lunch: Ordered delivery from a diner: hashbrowns, hollandaise, a fried egg, a slice of sourdough, with mushrooms and peppers. (~850 cal)
  • Snack: Bottled frappuccino (200), Clif bar (260), strawberry ice cream (210), peanuts (180). (tot: 860)
  • Dinner:  Chicken chili (470) with half cup of shredded cheddar (220) and crackers (140). (tot: 830)
  • Total: 2,530

 

WOOOO!! Really strong level. Cleared my level goal with room to spare - and what's more important, never felt like I was really struggling to get to 2,700 calories. That's key. The less "willpower" I need to use, the better and more sustainable this will be.

My biggest success was the chicken chili I made in the slow cooker. Chicken breasts, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, couple of cans of beans, with cumin and chili powder. It was frigging DELICIOUS! The crackers (Wheat Thins) and cheddar absolutely made it. It divvied up nicely into four portions to eat the rest of this week.