Thursday, December 23, 2021

FFXIV Endwalker - Part 14: Steppe Child [Unspoiled]

Summary: Helping a young hero confront her fear of Matanga in Yedlihmad. 

"I will take my time, and explore all the wonders this island has to offer." 
-Ogul





-I'm enjoying this slower playstyle SO MUCH. It really lets me drink in the flavor and characters of each region. I'm even a bit sad in retrospect that I either blazed through or ignored the side quests in the past. 

-Suggestion: World of Warcraft awards "the Loremaster" title for completing a certain number of quests in each region. That encouraged me in that game to complete a whole mess of quests I would have otherwise ignored. I think FFXIV should do the same sort of thing, providing an achievement to encourage people to check these out. 

-Did we really fight Matanga in the Azim Steppe? I have literally zero memory of ever seeing this model before. 

-Ogul's journey here is delightful. I was a bit harsh on her early, but I suppose I can understand her fear.