Sunday, December 5, 2021

FFXIV Endwalker - Part 1: Welcome to Sharlayan [Unspoiled]



Summary: Starting Endwalker! Sailing to a new city. Petting my cat.

This was my first facecam attempt. The audio was tinny and video was weirdly yellow, so I'll go back to recording on PS4 without facecam for the near future. At least, until I can figure my tech stuff out.


-Previously, all my FFXIV posts had been written with only snippets of video here and there. I’m changing that for Endwalker. Recording this helps me focus and pay attention more closely to what I’m doing, so I think it will be the best way to savor this expansion. 

-I normally do any recording on PS4. I tried recording this on OBS with a facecam, and it was just technically… not great. I like it in theory, but until I can learn enough to get the audio and video quality up to where I want it to be, I’m just going back to no facecam on PS4. 

  -I just… I can’t describe how excited I am for this. Going to take it slow. Will mix in side quests, talk to side characters, and try to slow roll this. No rush.