Thursday, December 9, 2021

FFXIV Endwalker - Part 3: Thaliak's Fountain [Unspoiled]

Summary: The Scholar's history and meaning within Sharlayan. Unlocking hunts and sightseeing. Kitty! 



-Honoroit! I have a feeling we're going to get a lot more Easter eggs like this, just little references back to the past. I'm so glad that kid's experience is being passed down in this way. 

-MANY of those references I'm not going to understand. Case in point: Babeth Ironheart, who gave me the sightseeing journal. I looked up Millie: https://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Millith_Ironheart 

She WAS the level 20 sightseeing log questgiver. So cool! 

-Very surprised that the nutsacks (...lol) from Shadowbringers hunts are the hunt currency in Endwalker too. It makes it easier, but it also does take away some of the value of doing the new hunts. I'll still do them for fun and experience though. 

-I didn't understand why the Sharlayan hunters are called "gleaners" until the book delivery side quest. The gleaner there seemed more of an explorer than a strict hunter, so they probably "glean" knowledge from their travels.