Sunday, January 2, 2022

FFXIV Endwalker - Part 23: Getting Over It [Unspoiled]

Summary: Nidhana presents Akasa. Completing Radz-at-Han's sightseeing spots, including a fun jumping puzzle. 

"It was worth it. It was all worth it!" 
-Nidhana




-NIDHANA IS SO PRECIOUS AND ADMIRABLE AND PURE AND NOBLE AND IF ANYTHING ELSE BAD HAPPENS TO HER I WILL BE AN INTENSELY GRUMPY COLDRUN 

-The introduction of akasa as distinct from aether brings up fascinating possibilities. A part of me is afraid it'll just be like "this is the chemical explanation for the Power of Friendship," but I have faith in... ...well, I was going to say "I have faith in Square Enix," but then I remembered the NFT letter that came out, so I'll just say that I have faith in Yoshi-P's team. 

-I appreciate that the Scions replied to Nidhana's idea of akasa with curiosity and interest rather than "sounds like a load of spiritual nonsense"-style mockery. It's not really a surprise intellectually, but it's always a fear for me. (It'll be a million times more of a fear if FFXIV ever focuses hard on the Native American-inspired New World zones, but we'll cross that bridge if we come to it.) 

-The sightseeing log (014) was really fun! A tough jumping puzzle but not nearly of Kugane's magnitude. I hope there are more like this.