Tuesday, January 4, 2022

FFXIV Endwalker - Part 24: Sound the Bell, School's In [Unspoiled]

Summary: Alphinaud is POPULAR! Zenos' tragedy. The Scholarch elaborates on aetheric categories. 

"This was where the legend of Alphinaud Leveilleur began." 
-Alisaie




-The burger scene made me get a cheeseburger from Five Guys immediately afterwards. No regret. It was delicious. 

-The flower turning green may indicate a feeling of peaceful camaraderie. 

-I'm really curious why the flower will be necessary, so necessary that Hydaelyn herself came down and said to get it. It's nice as to highlight emotional themes currently, but not yet mechanically needed. Maybe we'll come to a point where it functions as a lie detector? Like, where the flower says that a character we think is expressing joy is actually feeling stress, and that'll out them as an Ascian in disguise or something? Idk. 

-It's such an interesting decision for the game to switch Fandaniel's voices between the Amon and Asahi. I haven't pinned down what it means yet or what the different voices indicate. I'll an eye on that. 

-There's something so sad to me in Zenos' desire to reclaim that moment of combat with me. It seems to be a fundamental principle of moments of nirvana that they CANNOT be reclaimed, not in the same way. 

It reminds me of one of my favorite poems, "Nirvana" by Charles Bukowski, put to music by Tom Waits: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlAU83sZeB4 "Not much chance. Completely cut loose from purpose." 

The tragedy of his quest hadn't really hit me until this session.