Sunday, January 9, 2022

FFXIV Endwalker - Part 29: My Fair Mammet [Unspoiled]

Summary: Side quests of Old Sharlayan including a crush on Ali/Alphi, lesson planning, and a librarian's perils. 

"Keep an eye out for her elegant figure and imperious demeanor." 
-Fraisoinne



-Whether I vocalize it or not, every time the game uses that "Pray do x" grammatical structure, I can't help but hear Minfilia in my head telling me to get my ass back to the Waking Sands. 

-In the quest where I had to catch a beaver, the game was acting like my character had horrifying and terrible experiences with beavers in the past. What is this referencing? I know there was a quest in Labyrinthos where I had to hunt down an elusive "grizzled mouse," but not a beaver. 

-Thank you to Raq for helping me understand how to stop party finder chat from spamming my text box! Finally put that into effect here. 

-In "My Fair Mammet," I thought the joke was that Fraisoinne had developed a crush on Alphinaud from afar, thinking that Alphinaud was a girl. Now though, I remember that Alisaie used to dress the same as Alphinaud, so she probably had a crush back in the day on Alisaie and made a mammet of her that just looks to me like Alphinaud because TWINS (sorry Alisaie) and because the mammet is wearing blue.