Saturday, August 13, 2016

Coldrun Go! - Day 0

So it's been a while.  I had gone into one of those frustrating "give up" cycles.  Exercising seemed like a chore.  I couldn't do it.  The same thing with eating under any kind of control.  Binged often.

This morning, with some encouragement from the folks on Mark Spoils, I tried out Pokemon Go.  Never played Pokemon before, so it was new to me. (Though I did collect battle pets in World of Warcraft.)  Downloaded and went.

Two hours later that morning, I noticed the ridiculous quantity of walking I had done without it feeling at all like a chore.  Repeated it in the afternoon for more collection for another hour.  Learned all about my neighborhood too!

---

All this is to say that I was on the verge of giving up, and will give it one more try.  Why not.  Once more into the breach.  Nothing elaborate - just play Pokemon Go a bunch as my exercise bedrock to get out of the apartment, and try to do better with eating.  Started a new account.

Let's see if I can finally lose weight in any lasting way.

Starting weight (8/13/16): 267.8 lbs