Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Coldrun Go - Day 10: Friends with Discomfort

Not much Pokemon today.  Only a little bit, but good progress into level 19.  I expect to hit 20 tomorrow.  And Thursday, I joined a Meetup for Pokemon Go!  I'm nervous because of how generally awkward I am socially, but we'll see how it goes.

---


Something pretty simple occurred to me tonight.  So, I want to lose a lot of weight.  Not saying being whatever weight you want, but for many reasons I'm not happy at the weight I am.

Right? Right.

So I have to change how I eat.  Eat less; probably eat better, but definitely eat less.

Yes.  Makes sense.

The last step in this little train of thought: this will be uncomfortable.  It will not be pleasant.  I can do things to deal with the discomfort and allay it and relieve it, but it will be there. It's not poisonous.  It won't kill me.  But I'm so averse to it right now, and that has to change.

I need to get used to discomfort.  Learn to sit with it, relax with it, welcome it.  Befriend it.