Friday, September 30, 2016

FFX – Part 32: Guado Affairs

Summary: Macalania Hall and Trials. Shiva. The death of Seymour (not that I think it’ll stick). My worst hunches about Tromell confirmed.


Macalania - Hall

-I seriously thought about backtracking along the speeder route anyway, but decided against it. There’s that route to Bevelle that we didn’t take before, and I’m betting that we’ll eventually retrace our steps anyway.

-Tromell thanks us for saving him and Yuna earlier. Gives us a Shell Targe.

-Everyone here is pretty psyched about the wedding.

-Yuna went to the Cloister of Trials with Seymour. That’s an intense pre-wedding ceremony.

-Shelinda’s heading north to spread word of the marriage.



-I love this animal band.

-Ooh, found Seymour’s protector willing to talk about him. He had a tough time as a kid because of his mixed heritage. But he was respected, and grew in power on his own merits rather than simply riding on Lord Jyscal’s coattails.

-Dang. Can’t recruit this puppy to play blitzball.

-We found Jyscal’s sphere. Let’s see what it says.

-Jyscal goes off on his son. Senses a heart of darkness. What about him leads Jyscal to believe this beyond feelings?

“I will leave this world soon, killed by my own son.” Well there it is.



-Jyscal blames himself for letting Seymour become twisted, and feels his death is warranted.

-Auron leads us off to save Yuna.

-LOOK AT THIS PRETTY CAT!!!



And so realistic. Whenever I pet it, it gets up, meows, and walks like five feet away to resettle.

-Wakka is the most shocked by this. He’s the most orthodox of the group, believes most in the maesters.

---

Macalania - Trials

-No puzzles for now. Just a straight shot to the fayth.

-Seymour awaits outside while Yuna prays. The music takes a combative turn.

-Before a fight breaks out, Yuna emerges.

-Whew. Seymour doesn’t even deny killing Jyscal – and yeah, Yuna knew before she agreed to marry Seymour! Why?? What gives? Does she think that she can keep him in check as his wife?

-OHHHHHHH SHIIIIIIT YUNAAAAAA

“I came to stop you.”

-He makes one hand motion, potentially hostile, towards Yuna, and the guardians collapse around her.



It’s fucking awesome.


Look at this badass trio.

-Combat time. At least against Seymour’s Guado guard to start.

-The two guards cast Protect on themselves and Seymour casts Shell on himself. Ok. Physical attacks to Seymour, magic to the guards.

-Trigger command. I can talk to Seymour.

-Actually, I can talk to him on all my characters – it’s pretty awesome because it even boosts their stats!

-Tried poisoning a guard. He remedied it away.

-The guards keep auto-potioning themselves. This is tricky business. How do I get to Seymour since the guards protect him?

-Scan tells me I have to stop the Guardians from using items somehow. Hm. He’s immune to everything. Though I don’t see Silence on the list, I thought silence didn’t impact item usage.

-JACKPOT!! I used Auron’s “Threaten” to stop the Guardians from auto-potioning immediately.



-Both guardians down. Ixion time.

-Ruh oh. “Feel my pain: come, Anima!”



-So Anima is that Hellraiser-esque aeon. Aerospark does a ton of damage.

-Destroyed Anima. Seymour wants Ixion I think. Wipes him out with a Firaga.

-“Multi-Blizzara???” That’s awesome and I want it.

-Seymour is weak to physical.

-Got him!

-Yuna runs up to him, in pity perhaps. He falls.

Ok. There’s his body, his eyes are open, and there’s a 0.0000% chance that he’s dead and gone. Not remotely buying it.



-Tromell comes in and sees Seymour’s body. Wakka feels awful, but Tidus protests that Seymour attacked us.

AURON: “Yuna, send him.”

OH SHIT THAT’S HOW. He’s gonna go and become, like, Super Evil Ghost Fiend Seymour, right? We strike him down and he becomes more powerful than we can possibly imagine?

-Tromell doesn’t let us send him even. He’s pissed. Has two Guados carry Seymour’s body away.

-Tidus is me right now, thinking that we can just explain what happened and that’s it. I fear Auron’s right: it won’t be that easy. People won’t just believe us, even with Jyscal’s sphere.

-New aeon: Shiva.

---

Macalania - Trials

-Seems like there’s gonna be a trial to get out of here after all. The ice bridge disappeared, and I have to play the sphere game to make all the parts of the ice bridge reappear.

-This is really tricksy. I really want to push the pillar with the Glyph Sphere in it up the ramp, since there’s a matching glyph sphere on the floor up there, but can’t figure out how.



-Completed the bridge. (After about 20 minutes. I’m really, really bad at puzzles, even though I enjoy them.)



-Now it seems like there’s a second puzzle. Something involving a destruction sphere, and sliding the pillar down a ledge.

-VICTORY!!!



Trial and error nets me a Luck Sphere down on the basement level. Still a bit unsure whether that’s all the secrets – seems like that teleporty thing halfway up the ramp has a purpose I haven’t yet uncovered.

-Maybe if I insert the Glyph Sphere, reset the pillar to the top of the ramp, and slider it down? …no luck.

-Perhaps if I add a Destruction Sphere to the pillar and try dropping it somewhere off a ledge. …no luck, no matter where I try.

-Ok, getting a bit tired of this, so I think I’ll just give up and try completing the bridge. The mystery of the midway ramp teleport point remains unsolved.



I hope y’all will forgive me on this initial playthrough.

---

Macalania – Hall

-Tromell is out here confronting us. Sticking up for Seymour, not hearing any of this, and

-FUCKING TROMELL SHATTERED THE JYSCAL SPHERE, OUR ONLY EVIDENCE (though I suppose we have witnesses) TO WHY WE KILLED SEYMOUR



FHDSJLFHDSFDHSL I KNEW YOU WERE AWFUL

-What choice do we have? We bust past the Guado blockade and run. We run til our muscles burn and our veins pump battery acid. And then we run some more.

---

Next time: fugitives.