Wednesday, May 19, 2021

FF Type-0 - Part 32: Tourists in Milites [Unspoiled]

Summary: The start of chapter 4. Queen Andoria. Detained in comfort during peace talks. Machina's head gets turned.

 

---



Five Thoughts/Questions

1) I'm not sure what to make of the "will of the crystals." Could be a vague spiritual sense of peace that they transmit, but Andoria here made it sound more conscious and strategic.

2) I also wonder whether there are internal politics among the crystals. Like, whether Andoria whose "heart is united with the crystals" is just united with the Concordian crystal or ALL of them.

I'm leaning towards all of them, but it complicates things that Milites does not seem to serve the will of their crystal, but rather took power over it.

3) Definite hints here of Rubrum shenanigans. I don't think Rubrum or Concordia are just groping for peace and just hoping Milites doesn't betray them yet again.

On the other hand, I saw that Concordian stealthily talking to the Militesi soldier. Maybe some kind of betrayal inside of Concordia/Rubrum is happening.

4) Not sure AT ALL what to make of the ties between Class Zero and Milites. First Cinque has deja vu being in Milites, then Cater gets recognized as a potential.

Best guess right now: Class Zero's origins (Rem and Machina aside) are rooted in some political intrigue tied to Milities. Maybe my suspicions around Mother are related.

5) I DO NOT TRUST THE COMMANDANT. I hate how he's using utter bullshit ("it's really CLASS ZERO'S fault your brother died!") to turn Machina against them. I currently suspect he's being played by Mother somehow.