Friday, March 26, 2021

FF Type-0 - Part 13: Togoreth [Unspoiled]

Summary: Giant beasts eat me. Infiltrating Togoreth Fortress. Golem. Mass confusion and weird fourth wall breaks around SPP.


---



Five Thoughts/Questions

1) Sorry for the lost footage early, but I didn't lose much. Just some fairly mundane task turn-ins and fights.

2) I assumed the random support folks only joined the fight if I called for it, but it seemed like they were coming it willy-nilly and booting my party members out while doing so. It frustrated me at the time, though in hindsight I don't mind I guess.

3) That said, a minor thing that bugged me disproportionately was the game devs giving their names and titles (I assume?) to the support personnel. Makes this feel like an amateur project, idk. I like that sort of thing being relegated to a secret easter egg, not what seems to be a core mechanic.

4) I really like the surrender mechanic after you kill a leader. It's a neat and flavorful incentive to go about combat in a way I wouldn't normally.

5) Is it possible to escape combat once I'm in it in the open world? I'm glad I couldn't just so I could capture the utter terror of being stuck in combat with a group of level 99s, but would be a nice tool going forward. XD