Sunday, June 27, 2021

FF Type-0 - Part 43: Warded Off [Unspoiled]

Summary: Exploring Toguagh. Repeated failed attempts at a quest on the Innsmouth Coast.

 

---



Five Thoughts/Questions

1) I let myself get saltier than I usually do. Apologies for that. It's a sign I should usually do a different task.

2) AND YET. I still hold onto the gripe I made at the end. I HATE the design choice for this game to include quests I'm clearly not meant to beat as options. I would've been much happier if they just hid those things and made them like the second quest in Legend of Zelda, where the second playthrough was substantially different.

3) I don't mind the wandering monsters on the open world though. Even though I clearly was not meant to fight/beat that level 99 pudding, I can treat it as an environmental hazard.

4) For those of you who are more experienced or skillful at this game, do you skip these higher level quests or are you comfortable enough with the combat to evade and hit the breakpoints no matter the level difference?

5) Was that first enemy I kept trying to beat in the Innsmouth Coast the Dracoknight or just some random enemy? I noticed in editing that there was a minimap for the Innsmouth Coast, as if I had just entered the first room of a dungeon.