Wednesday, January 7, 2015

FFVI – Part 70: Housekeeping

Summary: Just a brief interlude trying to collect myself about what comes next.



Where Do We Go From Here?

I want to briefly take stock of the things I still want to do currently. I may add to this list as I encounter new things of course:

-Finish Mog’s dance set. I’m missing two. One of them I’m pretty sure is probably underwater which I haven’t seen since the Serpent Trench, and one of them is… something else? Volcano? Yeah, dunno, but I want to keep an eye out.

--More Dragon’s Neck experimentation. Probably just before I’m ready for the final dungeon, since by that point I’ll know what each character’s best items are and which I’m comfortable gambling and possibly losing.

-Head to Ebot’s Rock with Strago. (I’ll do this next.)

-Finish the legendary dragons for ?Crusader? Not sure if that’s the reward or what, but I remember that name coming up.

-Revisit Cid’s house with Celes.

-Try Gigantuar again.

-Kill Deathgaze. I only ran into him once, and have flown a lot in this game. Of all the quests in front of me, this is the one I’m least confident about being able to complete.

-Find Leviathan. I’m hopeful one of the other quests will reward me with a submarine or something, but maybe if I sail a bunch of times between Nikeah and South Figaro that’ll be enough to trigger him.

-Look for the castle buried in the desert near Figaro that the thief told me about at the Cultists’ Tower.

-Possible last Veldt attempt later.

-Equal out levels. I’d like all my characters to be around similar levels, so I’m going to try getting them all around 50 at least if possible. Just seems like a good round number and will give me flexibility for the final dungeon.

-Oh, and kill Kefka. We should get to that eventually. (Still surprised how unintrusive he's been in this world.)

---

Next time: Ebot's Rock.