Wednesday, February 11, 2015

FFVII – Part 6: Chez Aeris

Summary: Sector 5 and Aeris’s house. We meet Elmyra, Aeris’s mom. Aeris repeatedly shuts down Cloud’s bullshit.


Sector 5

-I LOVE the music here.

-There’s a market in sector 6, Wall Market, which sells everything but is tough to reach.

-Sick guy in the pipes with a tattoo of the number two. I’m guessing that we’ll find an answer when we reach Sector 2 at some point.

-More negativity about Avalanche. The mayor is Mayor Domino.

-A kid in this house has a secret drawer with 5 gil in it, but it seems like a dick move to take it, so I leave it there.

---

Aeris’s House


Beautiful zone.

-Aeris’s mom, Elmyra, is at home.



-Aw. Aeris is a bit jealous at Cloud wanting to go to Tifa’s bar.

-Cloud has the chance here to say whether Tifa is his girlfriend or not. While I love Tifa, it’s just not correct right now to say she’s his girlfriend. I wish there were a “no” option instead of “No way!” but I work with what I have.

-Aeris wants to help Cloud get back to Sector 7. She’s used to danger. Hm. More of this “Ancient running from the Turks” thing.

-We opt to stay the night.

-Elmyra notices the Mako glow, and asks Cloud to leave immediately without telling Aeris. She senses he’s danger. (Though it sounds like Aeris is used to this.)

-Interesting! I actually have the option to use the door or go upstairs. It feels like using the door would be acceding to Elmyra’s wishes. I mean, even if I were to use the door here he’d probably get stopped by Aeris, but still.

When I see heroes in TV and movies lie to others “for their own good,” or “because I’m too dangerous to be around,” it pisses the royal fuck out of me. Usually it’s male heroes with female loved ones, but not always – Buffy and Angel did this to each other a bunch, for example, though even here it was way more Angel-to-Buffy than Buffy-to-anyone-else. Won’t start that now. Let’s head upstairs.

-We’ll have to go through Sector 6 to reach Sector 7. (Makes mathematical sense.) Sector 6 can get rough.

---

Night at Chez Aeris



-Another of those weird moments where dreams and reality merge. Or maybe this is pure dream.

WOMAN IN ORANGE: “I’ll bet the girls never leave you alone.”
CLOUD: “…Not really.” LOLOL

Is this his mother he’s dreaming of?

-She worries about the temptations of the big city, wanting him to settle down – specifically, with an older girlfriend to take care of him. Yeah, I’m guessing this is his mother.

-Cloud wakes.



-Ah, damn. Now I’m forced to have Cloud try to sneak out. DON’T DO THAT. LET AERIS HELP.

-I keep getting caught by Aeris and having to reset. What am I doing wrong here?

-Oh, I was running past her door instead of walking. Oops.

-Cloud leaves. This annoys me. Fucking Cloud.

---

Sector 5

HAHAHAHA!!! YES!!!!



Aeris beat him to the punch, and was waiting for him at the slum exit.

CLOUD: “I couldn’t ask you to go. It would be too dangerous.”
AERIS: “Are you done?”

This is the best. I love that she’s like, “Yeah, I’m familiar with the Lonely Hero trope. That’s cute and all, but idc. Can we get on with it now?”

---

Next time: through Sector 6.