Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Fitness - Day 5: Gap

I won't update every day necessarily, but will try hard to not let two days go by without an update.  I'm posting earlier than usual, mostly because I want to "think out loud" about lunch/snacking at level 2.


So.  Breakfast has been going well during this first week.

Yesterday (day 4):


Today (day 5):


These two breakfasts were around 670 calories and 550 calories. -- 610 avg

Dinner has been going fine too.  Had pasta and sauce last night (600 calories) and chicken with potatoes the night before (880 calories).   

That leaves a real problem for me - namely, everything in between.  There are about 1,000 calories in between here to reach my Level 2 goal of 2500 calories.  I've binged even yesterday afternoon because I didn't know what to do with myself. 

I'll go grocery shopping on Wednesday evening, and for now I have a weird mix of food.  Today, I have a microwave lunch for 310 calories, crackers for maybe another 200 calories, and then ??  Yeah, dunno.

Come on, Coldrun.  It shouldn't be that hard.  Remember: I'm only at level 2.  This doesn't have to be paleo or celery or anything like that.  Just another 500 calories.  Without judgment, what would I normally eat to fill that gap?  I'll try that and cut it off earlier.

Well, a bottled frappuccino.  I do like those.  That's 180 calories.  Now another 300.

---

Just stepped away to look at my kitchen, to hunt for stuff in there.  Got some pineapple chunks (80 cal), a packet of hot chocolate (90 cal), and... um... a slice of bread.  Yeah, I'm reaching, but that hits my target.

Let's try that today.  See how it works to fill the gap.