Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Wildstar - Level 16: Needlefern Grove

Summary: The Outpost M-13 expedition.  Finished up in Celestion.  Saw the Exile capital, Thayd.  Housing!


Story

Outpost M-13

-Got a quest called "Outpost M-13," which looks to be similar to the Fragment Zero quest.  An "expedition."  It even features the guy I rescued on Fragment Zero, the Fargo-accented Captain Milo!  A mine on that asteroid has been infected by alien parasites.

-Oh GROSS!  This is basically the Alien movies.  Got to the mine and many miners are dead.  Parasites nested inside them and burst out their chests.  This place has atmosphere out the wazoo - it's dark, and my headlight only illuminates a small area in front of me.



Tres creepy.


Foreman Krauss: "Not everyone in the mine is dead.  They seem to be saving some of them for... hosts."



-The parasites, especially the Hive Queen, embody the unique combination of creepy and adorable that's Wildstar's bread and butter.  Creepdorable?  I'm sure there's a word for it.

---

Celestion

-When Mordesh don't get enough Vitalus serum, they turn into full-on zombies called "The Ravenous."  There's even a Mordesh special forces unit called Reapers whose goal is to eliminate Ravenous. They euthanize the Ravenous with something called "Mortallus," a gas.  Some dark shit.

-The Mordesh section of the capital city, Thayd, was overrun by the Ravenous.  Helped some of the Reapers burn that part of the city.

-Time to move on!

---

Thayd

-The capital city.  Huge, elaborate, diverse designs.  I especially like the Aurin sector:



-Protostar seems to be the primary corporation in Wildstar, reflected in their housing showroom.  I love that they build this into the game world instead of just being a bland vendor.

-An Eldan datacube features one of the Eldan emphasizing that their huge Nexus Project goes beyond science.  It's "something divine."

-Dinged 17 as I moved into the next zone, Galeras.

---

Mechanics

General

-When I finished up the main Celestion quests, I decided to try again at tradeskills with a bit of luck.  Worked my way through some of the basic Cooking recipes.  I could farm up more materials, but I'm good for now.

-Completed Novice Tailoring.  Don't have the materials for apprentice recipes yet.  Probably will pick them up in the next zone.



-Unlocked Adventures.  A form of group instanced thing.  Will hold off on trying this until I find a guild.

---

Housing

-!!!!!!

-LOOK AT THIS!  I knew Wildstar was renowned for great housing, but my lord.  This isn't just expansive, it's fairly straight-forward.  I go with a basic Aurin house with a rutabaga roof.  Named it Needlefern Grove.



-I can customize the background music, the walls, the lighting, the landscapes... and the best part is that there's so much that's currently locked, that I must unlock by finding it in the world.

-Added a crafting kiosk that comes with a vendor.  If I ever want to craft, I just pop up here!

-Not diving too deeply into this for now.  I'll work on it gradually.