Thursday, March 24, 2016

Wildstar - Level 17: Alpha Sanctum

Summary: Trying out a slightly new leveling strategy.  Alpha Sanctum expedition.  Galeras leveling.


Story

Galeras


-Galeras is just outside Thayd.  The zone theme seems like it'll be repelling a Dominion attack on the city.


-Ooh!  Looks like I have an expedition open to me in Thayd.

---

Alpha Sanctum

-Traveled to the Alpha Sanctum through a portal in Thayd. A mwa-ha-ha'er named The Curator took some of my friends and wants me to "explore the exhibits."  Museum theme expedition?

-Yes!  It's an Eldan museum celebrating their order and power.  One exhibit showcases primal elements (fire, air, logic, and others).  Another showcases their hierarchy - e.g. watcher, shapers, progenitors.  All seem designed to forge life and order on a massive, planetary scale.  The Nexus Project.



-Eventually I learn that their goal is to forge a legacy of perfection across the universe through this Project.  Well... can't fault their ambition I guess.

-After saving the party and before we leave, a white-cowled hologram/ghost/thing appeared briefly to give one of those cryptic "This is just the beginning!  There's so much more to show you" kind of hints.

---

Galeras

-The attack on Thayd was just a distraction.  The Dominion really wanted to destroy one of the main supply hubs to Thayd, Tempest Ridge.  Helped to defend the town and kill the attacking Chua.



-Last stop before I leveled was a Crimson base.  The Crimson are some Dominion military unit, messing with what seems to be a super weapon called "Focus of Air."

---

Mechanics

I'm a bit over-leveled, so I'll skip the side quests and just do zone quests until those zone quests are about my level.  Well, zone quests and soldier (path) quests and world quests.  At least until I catch up in levels so that I'm no longer fighting stuff a few levels below me.