Sunday, December 9, 2018

Level Up - Part 13: Learning Moment




Today, I tried my first "no recipe, just put in some shit and see what happens" crockpot recipe. I put in two chicken breasts, added some low sodium soy sauce, hoisin garlic sauce, garlic (I like garlic!), salt, pepper, and parsley, and set it on low for 4 hours. We'll see how it goes.

*that night*

It was bad lol. But the flavor was fine! It was just super dry. If the meat were tender, I'd be into it.

My mistake I think was that I put it in the crockpot at about 10am, set it for four hours, and even after it was just sitting on "warm" and stewing until about 6:30pm. Next time I try this, I'll try just three hours, maybe an hour max on "warm," and then take it out.



Still edible, and pretty good with the sauce! Ate half the chicken breast and saved the rest as leftovers.

And I'm that much closer to getting it right.

---

Coldrun hit level 31 today. Fury is such a fun spec. Simple, but the animations are awesome. The whole tone of the spec feels raw and feral.





I died for the first time in a while. WoW's death system, where you enter a ghostly realm while you run back to your body, provides some wonderful atmosphere.