Monday, December 31, 2018

Level Up - Part 28: The End of 2018

Shifting lanes in 2019. Goals here, both in WoW and real life.



2019 Level Up Project - WoW


Switching characters back to my 12+ year old mage, Zibnaf. Leveling a new character was a lie I told myself. I already leveled up. It was treading old ground.

This is true in real life, too. I'm 35 years old. I've had a life. 2019 isn't a fresh start, much as I might wish it. But it is a chance to take what I've done and turn up the heat with new focus.


Mage on a magic carpet.

Some things I'll work on simultaneously with Zibnaf, a bit at a time:
  • Main Content: Play the various core quest lines, dungeons, and raids in the current expansion. But for raids, stick with the casual mode. Not joining a hardcore raid guild again.
  • Reputations: Reaching max ("exalted") with WoW's reputation.
  • Old Cosmetics: Build up a wardrobe of awesome old transmog gear sets. 
  • Professions: Work on my various professions. Tailoring, enchanting, fishing, cooking.
 In tomorrow's post launching 2019, I'll talk about my first goals in each of these.

---

2019 Level Up Project - Real Life

I want consistency in WoW to spur me towards my various fitness goals for 2019. Going to do my best to keep this positive.

I Will Not Discuss: 
  • Weight and weight loss.
  • "Forbidden foods" or whatever. No food is forbidden.
  • Dieting.
  • Exercise as a chore.
It's negative, triggering to others and myself, and unhelpful. It's more than just not discussing them - I'll try getting away from thoughts along those lines. Instead...

I Will Discuss:
  • Awesome food I eat
  • Recipes I cook.
  • Cool new exercises I get to try, especially when I find myself clearly getting stronger. Things that make me feel joyous and exhilarated from action, Gilgamesh-style.
  • Other things that make me happy? Even small things, like working well, having a clean home, games I watch LPs of, etc. (There'll be a generally bloggy aspect to this I expect.)

Basically, I want this to be positive. Fuck fatphobia in 2019, even towards myself.

I'm excited for tomorrow.