Friday, July 23, 2021

FF Type-0 - Part 53: Slow Draw [Unspoiled]

Summary: Purely a promotion and ability testing session in the arena.


---



Five Thoughts/Questions

1) I'm a sucker for timing-based attacks, if the timing is clear. I enjoy the game's breaksights and killsights, and also enjoy Kingaling's new counterattack.

2) ...and yet. Finishing magic. The written Quick Draw guide I found is here: https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Quick_Draw_(...

Looks super clear. AND YETTTTT. I can't. Frigging. Get. It. To. Work. Halp.

3) I made some noise during this video that I might not do NG+ if I couldn't grasp Finishing Magic, but tbh that was just the salt talking. I'm still very likely going to try NG+. There are so many aspects of the combat and questing I want to keep exploring.

4) I think one does a stun without a knockback and the other does a big knockback, but I might have misunderstood it. Can y'all clarify the difference between Cinque's Mace Cyclone and Whirling Mace?

5) Machina's Awakening feels SO POWERFUL. One of the strongest abilities in the game. I get that it requires the full ability gauge and that's a fair trade-off, but still. Really nice ability.