Wednesday, July 28, 2021

FF Type-0 - Part 55: Old Lorica [Unspoiled]

Summary: Eight in the Arena. Questing in Old Lorica. Kactuar. A flood of content I'm too low to do.


---



Five Thoughts/Questions

1) Eight's Explosive Fist is really nice in theory, but I think I actually connect with it maybe 10% of the time. It's so dang slow! By the time he's finished stretching and winding up, the enemy is usually halfway across Orience.

2) Am I missing something about Lightspeed Jab? I assumed it would be a quick way to instantly get a ranged breaksight or killsight but even with the teleportation it doesn't seem fast enough for that.

3) I was surprised that Emina didn't accept my two gifts here. Aside from the guides that are no doubt available, what in-game hints tell me the gifts that work at a given time? Like, is there dialogue with Emina that hints at what she wants and doesn't want?

4) I thought before this session that the phantoma I harvest depended on the magic I used to kill them. Is that the case? The Sorcery NPC here made it seem like it depended on the enemy itself. Maybe it's a mix?

5) I was surprised by how weak the Kactuar I encountered seemed. Then I read that Rubicus entry. Sounds like I just lucked out from getting one-shot lol.