Friday, August 6, 2021

FF Type-0 - Part 59: The Kingdom's Final Hours [Unspoiled]

Summary: The final assault on Rilochy and Mahamayuri.


---



Five Thoughts/Questions

1) The frost squadrons here confuse me. They're strong against monsters, but it seemed here like they were just even against the small wyverns, each one-shotting the other. Am I missing anything? Or is it that their attack is strong against wyverns but maybe wyverns are strong against people so they just are each glass cannons against each other?

2) Among Eight's different stances, is any of them just flat-out better than the other, or just all different?

3) I continue to be surprised by how much I enjoy the tactical segments of the game like this battle. I'm actively looking forward to replaying it on NG+.

4) Speaking of surprise, I was SHOCKED that taking Mahamayuri was just a matter of walking up to it and getting a victory screen. The look of the city was incredible, unique, beautiful... and no big fight there!

I could absolutely be proven wrong if Mahamayuri becomes a setting later in the game for something else, but currently it feels like content they just didn't have time to finish.

5) Note to self: before the next mission day, check out the Dragon's Nest near Amiter that the cadet mentioned. It sure sounds like one of those level 55-75 places I'll try in NG+, but hope springs eternal. Just because Dragon's Den in FFVI was a super dungeon doesn't mean Dragon's Nest in Type-0 will be.