Saturday, August 21, 2021

FF Type-0 - Part 65: Rematch [Unspoiled]

Summary: Starting some SPP grinding. Taking down Gilgamesh.


---



Five Thoughts/Questions

1) Is there any value to going with Stunning Slash over Cyclone Drive? It goes off quicker, but it seems to be just so much weaker.

2) Getting 1000+ SP for that Big Bridge mission replay was nice and all, but if I do that again, how can I maximize SP without fighting Gilgamesh again? Just die to him intentionally and immediately?

3) Speaking of which: is there a best way to farm SPP currently open to me? These games usually have places to go or enemies to kill that basically cheese farming, like in FFV when you can cast Death on those statues in the basement. Not sure if Type-0 has the same.

4) The Gilgamesh fight frustrated me a bit because I thought I was getting the breaksights. As I rewatch the video, I instead think I was being misled by the graphics. The graphics on the breaksight probably make it look like the window is longer than it actually is.

5) Defeating Gilgamesh was satisfying, but the ending was super anticlimactic. I was disappointed at the time. In hindsight, I shouldn't have been. I assume that we'll see more of him, perhaps in NG+ or down the line.