Monday, July 6, 2015

FFV Four Job Fiesta - The End?

Things were going pretty well for my natural run of Knight, Mystic Knight, Geomancer, and Dancer. A bit squishy, but the Dancer could rip off a series of Sword Dances for massive damage (25% chance though) and the Geomancer in the right location could dominate.

And yet here I am. Giving up. Stuck at World 2's Exdeath.






My party is level 34 and 35. They've cleaned up so far against Gilgamesh, and have survived the other bosses, but Exdeath just feels impossible without a ton more level grinding which I don't want to do. The two main issues here:

1) He has too much HP for me to rush down.
2) He does too much damage for me to turtle up and chip away at him without any healers.
3) Geomancer is useless. All "Gaia" does in this castle is cast tornado, which always misses Exdeath, so Faris is forced to be a potion-bot.

This fight is just awful for me. Must've tried 20+ times. I've tried with my Knight using a shield, which was fine, and using a 2-hander which was better. Tried various Spellblades for Mystic Knight, but Drain is the only one that seems useful because of its healing. Not much damage from her.

Lenna's Dancer is hit or miss. When she reels off Sword Dances, she's a beast. When she doesn't... not so much. Her other three dances are pretty bad. And her health is awful so she's flimsy.

I just don't know what else to do. Maybe there's a weapon or armor piece that'll push me over the top, but if the answer is "grind from 35 to 50," then I'll just call it a day.

It was fun though, and I'll donate my $8 to Child's Play because I made it to each of the four crystals. Just not enough for the final push. Oh well!