Thursday, July 9, 2015

FFVII Crisis Core – Part 30: Date Night

Summary: Zack and Aerith spend time together. They’re interrupted when Genesis attacks the Shinra Building. Zack meets up with Angeal and Sephiroth.


Sector 5 - Market

-Out in the market, she starts to shop a bit and they exchange flirty banter. It’s pretty great.

-…and he gets her a ribbon to wear.




I’m done.

-She asks him to head to the park. He’s all, “That sounds like a date,” and she replies, “Uh-huh!” So great that they’re not having her be some shrinking violet. She’s just like, “Hell yes it’s a date!”

-Before heading to the part, Aerith and Zack walk around a bit. Some mini-games here.

LOL – the first game was to guess how many kids would walk by. I guessed wrong, and my consolation prize was “Tissue.”

-Next game was to pick up as many materia around the market as fast as possible. About 35 seconds, and got 40 gil as a reward.

-There’s a carpenter in the market. I feel like this may be important down the line, but right now is just flavor text.

-Next mini game is about Zack buying perfume for Aerith. He has to blend in just the right amount of oil.



This is one of the few mini games in the FFVII series that I actually succeed in. Huzzah! She likes how it smells, so good.

-Some kid heard tell of monsters in Midgar. This actually gives me a new mission!

---

Mission: Monster Research Project > Monsters in Midgar > Sightings in Sector 5 (3/6)

-This mission actually feels relevant to the current story.

-Very easy mission at this point. Just some birds and lizards.

---

Sector 5

-We head out the gates. Hey, it’s the slide!

-Oh, right. Aerith doesn’t know Zack’s in SOLDIER yet. She thinks they’re odd, that they get some weird surgery. She’s not wrong.

-More than that. She claims they’re scary because of how brutal they are.




AGAIN – she’s not wrong. It’s kind of the first thought I had when I saw Zack “letting loose” by slaughtering all those Wutai virtual soldiers, all while acting like the happiest and most MURDEROUS of puppies.

-Thankfully, Zack admits he’s SOLDIER now. No weird plots involving him pretending to be a traveling juggler or something.

-She compliments his eyes. “So pretty!” A small thing that I like: she sees that this was awkward, but doesn’t apologize. She doesn’t do that, “Oh, no, I didn’t mean it!” thing. She did mean it. It’s not a deal-breaker or anything, but she was honest and upfront and doesn’t need to back off it to move on.



THEY’RE SO CLOSE

-A cellphone interrupts him. Genesis is attacking the Shinra Building. And never has Zack’s hatred for Genesis been greater.

AERITH: “I hope that your friend’s okay, Zack…. You talk in your sleep.”

Awkward. They part ways.

-On the way back to the Shinra Building, the thief stops Zack, says he gave up his thievery, and to prove it, gives Zack his “Steal” materia.

p.s. the kid totally ships Zack and Aerith.

---

Sector 0 – Highway

-I didn’t even know there WAS a Sector 0 until now.

-The Shinra Building burns in the distance.



-Zack has to cut through a gauntlet of Genesis clones and mechs.

-Who the hell is this Mad Max reject?



Some kind of mini-boss.

-And down floats Angeal. He claims he’s just trying to uphold his honor, and wants Zack to join him against Shinra.

Dude. I’m on your side, but you’re not really presenting any arguments.

-…wow. Was not expecting that. To my shock, Zack agrees? Though it could be a ploy.

-Shippers, start your engine. Angeal grabs Zack and starts to fly up.



---

Shinra Building

-Now I’m really confused. They fly into the Shinra Building and meet Sephiroth who’s fighting off Genesis. But I thought Angeal was now on Team Genesis. Huh? I’m sure I missed something, but whatever.

-OH. Good. I'm not alone in my thoughts on Angeal. Zack’s as confused as I am.



We have to head to the Science Department to (forgive me while I vomit) protect Hojo from Hollander and Genesis.

---

Next time: fighting off Genesis alongside Angeal. Maybe.