Monday, July 20, 2015

On Trying: Year One of Coldrun Gaming

I started this blog over a year ago with two goals: play through the FF series unspoiled and lose weight.  The first goal has been a wondrous and joyful success in my opinion.  The series has been a blast - yes, even you, FF2!  Already playing an FFVII add-on WHAT THE HELL I'M SO FAR IN THE SERIES AND STILL HAVE SO MUCH TO GO WOOOO!!!

The second goal?  Not so strong. 




I started around 270 lbs and am sitting around 274 lbs.  A million tries, a million false starts.  Well, not a million, but if I honestly had to guess, I'd say... 20?  20 different failed "plans" and "resets?"

You know what?  I'm starting again.  Trying again.  I won't give up.  One of these will stick.

I'm trying again because "fuck it."  I believe I can make this work.  It's silly and unsubstantiated by a long history, but I believe anyway.

Your support as readers for both these goals - whether the occasional comment or even just from the quantity of page views - helps more than you can know.  Bless all of you for helping me through this past year.

---

Going to try keeping it simple.

My goal for the next month: lose 8 pounds.  From 274 to 268.

How?  Count calories, eat fewer than 2,600 per day.  Walk three days per week for 30 minutes per day.

Weigh in weekly, and once more on August 20th.  Make minor adjustments for the following month.