Thursday, May 5, 2016

Coldrun Fitness - May 5, 2016

Better.




---

Food Log
  • Bagel with cream cheese. (400 cal)
  • Chicken tenders with sauce, fries, toast. (1,150 cal)
  • Iced caramel macchiato. (140 cal)
It's 12:15pm.  I just had lunch.  Currently sitting at 1,690 calories.  I can do what I've done most of the past week and binge this afternoon or tonight.  That's an option.  I'm not at a part of the Nerd Fitness Academy plan that requires me to reduce calories. It's okay if I choose that.

But make sure it's an active choice, not the default.  

So if it's a choice, what is another option I can choose?  Get a snack this afternoon around 150-200 calories, and tonight have some microwaved mac and cheese that I eat mindfully (640 calories).  

I haven't really felt shame to the same degree as usual this week.  I've allowed myself to detach a bit from that feeling.  Other than the shame, what has binge eating gotten me?  It passes the time and distracts me.  Makes my body feel calmer temporarily.  Both positives.

The main negative is that I feel a bit... well, bloated, after I binge.  The food doesn't really bring me pleasure when I eat so much.  Eating less makes me enjoy food as something to satisfy hunger, not just pass time.  Eating this way feels more appropriate somehow.

Anyway.  All this is to say that these are two ends of the spectrum.  Two options.  I could choose something in the middle too.  I just don't want to simply default tonight.

  • Iced skim chai. (150 cal)
  • Macaroni and cheese. (640 cal)
Total calories: 2,480

---

Active Quest Log

Solidify Myself in Nerd Fitness Level 1: Honestly track everything you eat for fourteen days.
Week #1: [4/26] - [4/27] - [4/30] - [5/1] - [5/2] - [5/3] - [5/4]
Week #2: [5/5] - [   ] - [   ] - [   ] - [   ] - [   ] - [   ]

Begin Mindful Eating - Level 1: Eating one meal per day mindfully for seven days.
Week #1: [5/5, dinner] - [   ] - [   ] - [   ] - [   ] - [   ] - [   ]