Sunday, November 27, 2016

FFX: Eternal Calm

Summary: Two years later, Yuna and Rikku prepare for a new adventure.



Predictions

-So what do I know about this game? Nothing. The phrase “eternal calm” tells me that it is set after the events of FFX, but no clue how it relates to that game – let alone to FFX-2, whatever that ends up being.

-While I have no real sense of the length, I have a guess. I get the sense that FFX-2 is a full game, while this is more likely to be a brief interlude. We’ll see, but FFX Eternal Calm:FFIV Interlude::FFX-2:FFIV The After Years probably.

-In we go!

---

Beach

-Someone counting in the water. Yuna?

-She’s trying to hold her breath. This is in the first person.

-Hi, Wakka! Is he teaching her to blitz?

-“It’s been so long since I trained.” I wonder how far after this is set.



-Two years. Learning to hold her breath.

-She has time to think now. This has gotta be a huge change from her whole frigging life!! No Sin to worry about.

---

Temple

-Into the temple. Probably the Besaid temple. Oh God, it just hit me – do people still worship Yevon?

-A new guy, Tasgio. Asking for her help.

-New Yevon? Cult?

-There’s a huge power vacuum in Spira. A cultural vacuum too. I imagine that not only positive elements will vie.



-Seems like this’ll all be Yuna’s perspective. Love it.

-Yuna is so empathetic and awesome. Seems to be a sort of high counselor – fitting with her skills as a summoner.

---

Besaid

-Oh no!! People wants Yuna to marry and she’s worried about being manipulated, used. I don’t blame her.



-Wakka seems to still be her guardian, even now.

-A guy named Yaibal. The Youth League. The leader is a guy named Yooj. Wants her to join, but she’s not interested.

-Hi, Rikku!

-She’s been traveling Spira, teaching people to use machina.

-It’d be nice if we could ease up on fat jokes with Wakka. Hope this isn’t a recurring thing.

-Lulu’s around. Kimahri is teaching on Gagazet. Teaching orphaned Ronso.

-Sphere found on the mountain.

-Who’s that? Some guardian? A guy imprisoned. His jailer is taking the video.



-Wait. TIDUS? That can’t be.

-The Youth League wants to help investigate. This guy is pissing me off.

-Ok, thinking that this is a movie rather than a game at this point. An epilogue.

-WOOHOO!! RIKKU STICKING UP FOR YUNA’S WANTS!!



-HELL YES IT’S YOUR STORY YUNA, GLAD THE GAME IS FINALLY ACKNOWLEDGING THAT

-Rikku brought a costume change for Yuna. Interesting. Tbh, I’m a bit nervous given some of Square Enix’s clothing choices for women specifically and how much I already love Yuna’s dress.



-That was it! Very interesting. It must be a set-up for FFX-2.

-I said before I thought it would be like FFIV: Interlude, and I was right. I like it way better. FFIV: Interlude was a set-up for The After Years, but the gameplay was pretty tedious and useless iirc. DIdn’t really add anything. Would’ve preferred a mini-movie like this.

-Looks like FFX-2 is going to come sooner than I thought. And did I hear right that she was bolting off with Rikku even before Wakka returned? Woohoo!! (I mean, I love Wakka, but I’d love even more to see a more independent Yuna.)

---

Next time: Final Fantasy X-2.