Saturday, November 19, 2016

FFX – Part 63: El Ganador

Summary: Into Sin. Sea of Sorrow. Cactuar Village solved. Garden of Pain – Seymour’s pain. Yuna sends him.


Airship

-Went back aboard the airship and retriggered Sin’s “Red Bull gives you wiiiiiings” thing.



-This conversation with Yuna makes me wonder whether the Yu Yevon fight will be like the part of the Lavos fight in Chrono Trigger where I had to fight Lavos with the powers of all the different bosses from the game. Maybe I’ll have to fight Valefor!Yevon, Ifrit!Yevon, etc.

-We head to the cockpit and the party is ready to be taken into Sin. We’re going into the mouth.

- Sold some items at Rin, and up to the top of the airship.

-I swear it looks like there are buildings atop Sin’s head.

-No question about it! There are buildings there.

-The fight begins and we’re being “Drawn to Sin.”

-We get in really close and it’s SO CREEPY (but kind of adorable?)


Boop!

-Got him! Pretty straightforward. Sin only attacked once, doing some minor damage and causing zombie which all our Auto-Med items cured instantly.

-He’s sucking us in



-It’s hard to tell what’s going on – are we in another dimension?

-GIANT EYEBALL WTFFFF



IS THAT YU YEVON???

-We made it. We’re inside.

---

Sin

-The first area inside Sin is “Sea of Sorrow.”

-This place has the same mapping mechanic as the Omega Ruins. Uncharted territory.



-There are all these glowing circles with that huge Spiran symbol inside them (the one I think is Yu Yevon’s crest or something).

-Some enemies here crossover from the Omega Ruins, like the Gemini.

-HOLY SHIT I ALMOST WIPED ON A BEHEMOTH KING – I had gotten a ton of AP, was feeling pretty good about myself, and then the Behemoth King had a deathrattle. Before it died, it cast Meteor and the only party member left standing was Tidus.



With SEVEN HP.

-I immediately equip No Encounters and regroup at the save sphere.

-Just tried summoning the Magus Sisters for the first time. The options aren’t names of specific attacks. Instead, they’re Yuna narratively commanding them. It’s an amazing design choice, emphasizing her relationships with the aeons as a partnership.

-Found a treasure chest here taunting me. It’s up a waterfall.

-Best I can tell, these rings and glowing symbols serve as beacons.


I heard you like eyeballs.

-Reached the top of the waterfall and got the chest. Special Sphere.

-Just gave Lulu Curaga because why not.

-Reached the end of the Sea of Sorrow. There’s a staircase, and some pillars with creepy things at the top.



-Huh. I can still board the airship at this save sphere. It doesn’t make story sense, but this is one of those cases where I couldn’t care less. I’m fine with game mechanics and the freedom to still explore overriding story in this case.

SIN FIENDS CAPTURED
-ADAMANTOISE
-AHRIMAN
-BEHEMOTH KING
-EXORAY
-GEMINI

---

Airship

ELIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

-HDFJKSFHFHDSJKLFDHSKLFDHS

Fhdjklsfdhs

AHDADHFASHFDHKLSFHDKLS



-lololol “a bad poet”

-I don’t stand a chance at this game. Couldn’t beat Tomay, and I get the sense that these have gotten tougher and tougher.

---

Sanubia Desert

-Final clue: “Flaile is always behind.” Maybe behind a structure? Dunno.



-hahahaha omg he just popped up behind me – I was expecting this long, challenging search where I’d have to explore every nook and cranny of the desert, and he’s just like HI SUP

-After I fail the trial again, I put the final Sphere del Perdedor into the stone.

-The stone starts counting off each sphere, going through each cactuar, except instead of saying “Be back soon” saying “Gone for good.”

-The lights wink out. The sandstorm disappears.

-To be honest, I was hoping for a bit more of the Cactuar Village. Something like the moogle village of FFV, the black mage village of FFIX, or the chocobo paradise in FFIX. All it is is a treasure chest with a Mercury Sigil. I wonder if there would’ve been more had I succeeded at the trials. Probably.

---

Calm Lands Arena

-“Inside Sin” was the final region. There’s still an “unknown” left, but I don’t think it’s an area.

-Currently, I’m marked as having credit for Exoray, Wraith, Gemini, Gemini, Great Malboro, Adamantoise, and Behemoth King. Two unknowns as yet.

-Oh. Great. This tells me that Great Malboro still awaits me deeper inside Sin. Because of course.

-Chatted a few times with the arena master. He needs more flying bugs, more flan, a few more small birds, elementals.

---

Sin

-The next area is “Garden of Pain.” I’m both surprised and not at all surprised to see Seymour here.

-lolol Tidus: “Don’t you ever give up?”

-Seymour says that Sin chose him. Well… you got your wish, Seymour.



-Seymour’s going full-on boss. One Exdeath unit away from saying “Mwa-ha-ha!”


Seymour Omnis.

-Pretty sweet look! He looks like he’s made of water now. An exaggerated version of himself.

-There’s some kind of wheel mechanic here. Four wheels around him that spin. I’ll bet they either boost his damage or magic or something.

-The wheels are targetable. Called Mortiphasms. I’ll try hitting them.

-They’re immune. At least to Wakka’s water limit break.

-Let’s get a Grand Summon Delta Attack.

-Aha! The wheels determine Seymour’s magic type. They’re all red, so he spams Firaga.

-The music for this fight is hyper-kinetic.

-Full Break landed! That’s a surprise.

-Next phase: “But there is no Salvation for the damned. Rest in peace in eternal darkness!” He’s now bright red and dispels my Mighty Guard.

-Summoning Ifrit to hopefully counter his Firagas.



-The wheels turn. He becomes icy and destroys Ifrit.

-oh he’s dead – or probably not dead, but came out of his super form and back to Seymour form.



-Send his ass, Yuna!



-He gets in a last word and is off to the farplane.

-We press on.

---

Next time: Continuing inside sin. The next area is the City of Dying Dreams.