Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Wildstar - Level 1: Waking Up

Summary: Starting out on the Exile ship above Nexus, waking up from cryogenic stasis.


Story

-The Exiles' ship sounds like it's on its last legs.  This isn't a ship from some "Exile homeworld" or anything.  It IS the Exiles' homeworld, or what's left of it, hoping to settle down on Nexus.

[Quick note: I'm not sure whether to refer to Forlla in the first or third person.  I'll probably bounce between both.]

-Forlla is in cryogenic stasis for the journey.  The computer talks to her a bit, but then some new voice interjects that it'll show us Nexus's secrets... IN TIME.  Great hook tbh.  I'm curious whether the planet itself hacked the ship to use me or something.

-Some cowboy sounding dude is looking for his sick wife and accidentally wakes Forlla up instead.  whoops lol, sorry bud.


-Hee!  The cowboy's name is "Deadeye," and I like that Wildstar's going straight-up for cheese.



-Deadeye's wife, Sadie, is pregnant.

-I think the doctor here, Victor Lazarin, is Mordesh.  Usually those "undead" races are evil.  Nice touch that they're on the Exiles' side here.

VICTOR: "If you die, die well.  Oh, and do it somewhere I can find your corpse.  Thank you!" heehee

-Then the Dominion attacked.



-lolol that level up graphic XD

---

Esper

-I start out with Telekinetic Strike, a frontal cone ability.  I love how action-y this seems!  It's called a "Base Ability."  It generates Psi Points, which are probably like combo points that I can spend.



-There's also a long cooldown ability I start with, Spectral Form.  It generates Psi Points over time while shielding me and giving Interrupt Armor.  (IIRC, that protects me against counterspells and the like.)  Seems like a useful "OH GOD I'M GONNA DIE" ability - though which such a short CD, I should probably use it more often.

-There's a metric TON of stats. I won't worry about it now.

---

Miscellaneous

-Ooh, log-in rewards!  Nice incentive.  Holy crap, there's a TON of them.  Was I subscribed from a million years ago still or something?  Got a mount for later (War Pig) and other stuff.

http://www.wildstar-online.com/uk/news/2015-08-19-level-up-with-cosmic-rewards/

Seems like it's related to a Cosmic Reward program.  This concerns me - have I been subbed and paying all this time?  God, I hope I didn't forget to unsub. 

-I also have a Fortune Coin for some gambling thing.  Might as well use it now, since I plan on using the store in the future as little as possible.



I got OminBits and Service Tokens.  Both seem to be store related, so I'll ignore them for now.

-There's just a crapton of this stuff.  Mounts, dyes, mini-pets... I must've signed up for Wildstar over the last year and just forgotten lol.

-Reluctant to open too much of this stuff.  I don't want it clogging up my small starting inventory, but luckily most of it gets sent immediately to some non-inventory storage window.