Thursday, January 28, 2016

Coldrun Fitness - Day 28

Things have been going badly.  I've been putting tons of pressure on myself, and guilting/shaming myself as I fail under that pressure with heavy binges.  So I'm going to chill and get back to basics.

No more of this elaborate planning and stages and progression and hierarchy.  The basics.

What's the most basic element of my success over since I started this phase of the project last fall?  Count calories, stick to weekly goals, and when that calorie count doesn't net me 1-2 pounds lost per week, change it.

That's what I'm going back to.  Start at 2,400 calories per week, probably shift shortly to 2,300.  Today is when I start it, so Thursday will be the new weigh-in day.

I will not use a finely-tuned "caloric debt" system where if I eat 100 calories more than my cap on a Monday I'll have to eat 100 calories less on a Tuesday.  Instead, I'll stead to the cap each day as best I can.  If I go over, I'll try to stick to the cap better the next day, maybe eating a bit less if I can but not sweating it.  Do my best.  When it doesn't work, move on and do my best the next day.

Note to self: pressure and shame are my biggest binge triggers.  Do my best to minimize them.

---

Oh, one more thing about exercise: I'm going to keep up trying to walk three days per week, but tabling the push-ups and planking body weight exercises.  My goal is to drop to 190 lbs.  Walking builds towards that, but the body weight exercises seem to be energy spent towards a different goal.  I'll worry about building strength once I get closer to the 190 lb mark.

---

Starting weight: 244.0 lbs
---

Diet

  • Breakfast, 8:45am: 16 oz. skim hot chocolate with whipped cream. (350 cal)
  • Lunch, 11:45am: Chipotle burrito bowl with half order white rice, steak, vegetables, tomatoes, cheese, guacamole.  Bottled mocha frappuccino. (950 cal)
  • Afternoon snack, 3:00pm: Twix. (250 cal)
  • Dinner, 5:45pm: Cheeseburger with fries. (970 cal)
Total calories: 2,520

---

Walking

None.