Saturday, January 16, 2016

Coldrun Fitness - Day 16

Today's goal: continue stage #3.

"Stage #3: Eat 2,500 calories per day max for four days in a row." [start of day: 2/4 complete]

Updated:

"Stage #3: Eat 2,500 calories per day max for four days within a five day period, not exceeding 3,000 calories on the other day." [end of day: 3/5 complete] 

---

Diet

  • 7:45am: Half "Cajun" breakfast at local diner.  Hashbrowns, a fried egg, green peppers, mushrooms, hollandaise sauce, chili powder. (800 cal)
  • 8:15am: 16 oz. skim hot chocolate. (270 cal)
Breakfast is easily my favorite meal of the day, and weekend breakfast is my favorite breakfast.
  • 11:15am: Three slices of grilled Spam, 1.5 slices of toast with light butter. (620 cal)
  • 11:45am: Cup of cherry frozen yogurt. (220 cal)
So why not have (sorta) breakfast twice?   Plus I've had Spam in the fridge open for a bit now and want to use it up before it goes bad.  1,910 so far. My current plan is have some waffles for a mid-afternoon snack and soup with crackers for dinner.  Got a can of cream of chicken waiting for me.
  • 3:00pm: Two Eggo waffles with light maple syrup. (300 cal)
Good snack.  Took a nap to help pass the time this afternoon.
  • 6:15pm: Ramen soup, frozen yogurt, crackers. (790 cal)
So.  That happened. :D

I ate a fine dinner of ramen soup, but was still pretty hungry and snacked more.  And you know what?  I'm okay with it.  I know the goal of this stage was to eat 2,500 calories for four days straight, but one of the lessons I've learned from the last month is that vents can be a good thing. 

So I'm changing the stage.  If I pass this stage, get to the next stage, and stumble, I want to build leeway into the recovery.  The new stage is within a five day period to eat 2,500 calories on four days and 3,000 calories max on the other day.

Good.

Total calories: 3,000

---

Exercise

I planned to go for a walk, but it was down to -20 windchill today.  Tomorrow in the -30s.  No thanks.