Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Coldrun Fitness - Day 19


Two lessons I learned from failing stage #3:

1) I cannot keep a box of Oreos or similar cookies at home.  I have significant trouble moderating myself knowing it's there.

2) Eating constantly leaves more opportunities for failure than eating fewer times per day.  I've heard that kind of regular eating called "grazing."  I'll try to not do that, having instead 4-5 eating times per day - breakfast, lunch, dinner, and one (maybe two) snacks.

---

Stage #2: Eat 2,600 calories per day max for two days in a row." [success - 1/2 complete]

---

Diet

  • Breakfast, 8:00am: 12 oz. skim hot chocolate, no whipped cream. (210 cal)
  • Lunch, 11:15am: Chipotle burrito bowl with white rice, vegetables, half steak/half barbacoa, tomato, bit of corn, cheese, guacamole.  12 oz. skim chai tea latte. (1,100 cal)
My goal is to push through the next four hours without eating.  I'll have the afternoon snack when I get home around 5:00pm, and then have dinner an hour or two later.  Just had a big lunch, so this should be doable.

Now that I think about it, I usually have a big lunch.  Maybe on days where I have a small lunch, I allow for an afternoon snack around 2 and then 5, with dinner still at 6:30-7?  Sounds reasonable.
  • Afternoon snack, 5:15pm:Four Oreos. (280 cal)
  • Dinner, 6:30pm: Microwaved mac and cheese.  Cup of "moose tracks" frozen yogurt. (960 cal)
Total calories: 2,550

---

Exercise: None.