Friday, January 22, 2016

Wildstar - Level 2: Veggie Tales

Summary: Fought off Dominion invaders.  Met the Aurin queen.  Saved sentient food.



Story

-Met Commander Durek, a big Granok dude who's the Exile military commander.  He has me go clean up the Draken and Mechari attacking the ship.  I think I remember seeing him on the game's advertising leading up to release, so he's probably a big deal.

-Interesting - the Mechari (killer robots on the Dominion side) were created by the Eldan, the now-gone (OR ARE THEY?) Nexus creators.

-The game's language is pretty hilariously over the top.  Love the character it gives.

-Cleared out the invaders.  A call then came from the Aurin queen, Myala Everstar.  Her tone is way more casual than regal.  Nice voice acting touch.


The Aurin queen.

-Queen Myala is in the Aurin section of the ship, "The Greenhouse."  It's a plant-y as the name suggests.  Chua are attacking

-If the Aurin are like elves, the Chua are like (WoW-style) goblins.  Tech-savvy nature-destroyers.  They burned the Aurin homeworld.

-AWWW!  These veggies I have to save from the Chua are both adorable and sentient.


LOOK AT THOSE FACES LOLOL


Got em to a safe place (safe until we eat them lol) and killed some Chua.


---

Esper
 
-On hitting level 2, I got Mind Burst, a finisher that spends Psi Points.  This (and Telekinetic Strike are described as "base abilities."  Seems like I can boost them eventually.



-My main action bar is a "Limited Action Set."  I pick eight (or currently two) abilities to use together.  The others I cannot use.

-AWESOME!  Mind Burst's animation is a giant illusionary eagle swooping at the enemies.